Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Poppy Cat on Nick Jr: Pre School TV Show Review



I was asked if I would like to review Poppy Cat, a new show for Nick Junior and I have to be honest I had no idea what it was.  I am not much of a kids TV watcher.  I suppose I should be as the kids like TV and that is what good responsible parents do isn't it?  Vet the shows that their kids watch, but I have to be honest if something is showing on one of my approved channels - Nick Junior, Disney Playhouse, Cbeebies or Tiny Pop then I am pretty much happy that the kids will be watching something that is age appropriate and does not have any harmful content - call me naive!

So the postman arrives and a nice big packet containing a Poppy Cat pop up book, a DVD with 2 episodes and a few little goodies pop out and Miss E shouts 'ohh Poppy Cat, I love Poppy Cat'.  Miss M states 'it is rubbish, Egbert pretends to be a monster and scares me'.  Who is Albert I ask?  'No Mummy, Egbert, he is a badger and he is one of Poppy Cat's friends'.  Right, thanks it is all clear now then. OK so they have watched it before then, bad Mummy not knowing this!

Poppy Cat hit our screens on 2nd May and is showing each weekday throughout May at 10am on Nick Jr.  There a currently 26 episodes of 10 minutes each. When I sat down to watch the TV show, it very much reminded me of a modern 'rhubarb and Custard' style of graphics.  The stories are simple and pleasant, they engage my near 4 year olds and encourage them to use their imagination and to engage with the story. Each episode sees a little girl Lara, invent a story which involves her beloved cat Poppy.  This fantasy world sees Poppy go on great adventures with her animal friends who all walk tall and talk just like real people.

As much as I can (I am nearly 38 afterall) I enjoyed Poppy Cat and am happy to let my girls watch it.  Try it out for yourself on Nick Jr (Sky 615, Virgin 715 and TalkTalk 318), 10am week days.



This is a review post.  I was sent a promotional DVD and pop-up story book for this review.  I was not instructed what to write, the words are my own and I remain honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x