I have been experiencing this delight over the last few weeks and it has been wonderful. The kids have been super happy too. A classic white loaf is their favourite whereas I like to have a malted seedy loaf and the beauty of the Morphy Richards Premium Plus Bread Maker is that it can produce any kind of bread product that I fancy and much more besides - pizza dough, pasta, bread rolls, cakes and even jam. Yes jam, seems a bit strange doesn't it and I have to say I have not yet tried that function out.
|Just call it Morphy Richards Corner!|
Upon seeing the breadmaker JJ did a happy dance and announced to me that it was great, we would never need to pay for bread again. If only babe! However a white loaf is definitely cheaper when homemade and of course another benefit is that I know what goes into the bread rather than lots of preservatives that I have no understanding of. A basic 2lb white loaf costs us well under 50p all in. You can't knock that! The loaf also lasts well, I chose to keep mine in a canvas bag to keep it fresh.
As a first time user of a breadmaker I have been pleased with this product and the great results it gives, here are my first couple of attempts at using it to make bread-
|Malted wholemeal loaf with mixed seeds|
|Classic white loaf|
My hubbie found the machine easy to use whereas I felt a bit overwhelmed by the amount of information that was in the instruction manual. Everything I needed to know was in there but for me the layout is not as intuitive as it should be. Sadly our manual is already starting to get very dog-eared so I will be printing out another from the Morphy Richards site and laminating it, a bit sad but necessary if I want to try out all 50 odd recipes that the manual contains. I think my next attempt will be raisin bread, the kids will love that in the morning for breakfast.
There is a fair amount to tell you about this beast of a machine, so I'll do a quick pros and cons list:
- Chuck all the ingredients into the machine, set the program and off it goes. It mixes, kneeds, proofs and then cooks all with no effort from me - perfect!
- 19 different programmes to suit all types of bread and baked products.
- Variable loaf sizes and variable crust settings - so you can get just the loaf you like.
- 12 hour delay, so that you can have freshly baked bread upon waking.
- The baking tin is very easy to remove and clean. The loaf also slips out easily once cooked.
- Fruit and nut dispenser to ensure that your baked product has a well spread mix of contents.
- Easy view window on the top, so you can watch what the machine is doing. The kids love this - it is nearly as entertaining as the TV!
- Over 50 recipes in the instruction manual.
- Well priced bread for a premium product.
- No dashing to the shops as you are out of bread!
- Easy wipe clean, no smear stainless steel exterior, looks stylish.
- Cool touch exterior, making it safe to leave cooking around my children whilst I am out of the room.
You can buy the Morphy Richards Premium Plus Bread Maker HERE, it retails for £139.99 and has a 2 year guarantee.