'Read it again Mummy', 'Why has the King chopped his head off and flushed it down the loo?'. Oh yes, I have been getting all sorts of questions and fielding those can be fun! As you can tell from the questions there are a couple of bits in the book which I found a little questionable, not rude enough that I would not read the book but just a tad silly, the sort of thing that young kids love.
I felt the storyline carried a similarity to David and Goliath from the bible, in that just because someone is small does not mean they cannot conquer, which of course is a really nice message to give your kids.
The award winning author Giles Andreae was also the creator of Purple Ronnie, which made me smile as I have not thought about that little stickman for a few years. The illustrations in the book are outstanding as you would expect from Korky Paul, the man responsible for illustrating the Winnie the Witch books. In all the poetic wording and superb drawings join together to make a fabulous book, which is great lighthearted fun and a really easy read.
So how do you fancy winning your own copy?
How to enter:
- Mandatory - Leave a comment to let me know how I can contact you - twitter ID or email.
- Additional entry - tweet ''I want to #win a Sir Scallywag & the Golden Underpants book from @puffinbooks & @michelletwinmum #giveaway http://bit.ly/wASURx'
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- The winner will be chosen at random
- Open to UK and Ireland residents only
- Giveaway closes at 12 noon on Thursday 9th February 2012
- The winner will be contacted within 3 working days of the competition closing
- The winner needs to contact me within a week of my announcing the winner or I will draw again
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative
- The DVD will be sent direct from Penguin Books