I have realised that I am a bit of a nerd. But not the cool kind of techie nerd, but a Mum who really likes kids toys and specifically Orchard Toys. I find myself telling the kids off repeatedly for not respecting the box or reminding them that the cupcakes are not real and stop nibbling the corners. I may just have to take the Orchard toys games into my room to keep, you know for safe keeping.
Where's my Cupcake is a brand new game that has just been added to Orchard Toys extensive range of educational games. In young children it encourages observation, matching and counting skills and with older children it is a wonderful reminder to use manners and to encourage sharing and mutual appreciation. All good things, I am sure you will agree.
The game is visually beautiful and as always the actual pieces are well constructed and durable. I love that Orchard Toys products last so well. My girls still use the pieces from the Two by Two game that bought for JJ over 7 years ago. Orchard Toys are certainly made to last.
The premise of this game is simple, you lay out a number of cupcakes and then taking turns the children remove a cupcake from the face down pile and they see if it matches with any of the face up ones in the middle, if it does they receive those cupcakes. The winner is the one with the most cupcakes on their plate at the end. What is good is that if the child cannot match their cupcake they need to offer it to another player who has a matching cupcake on their plate but they must use their best manners to do this, such good practise.
It is aimed at children 3 - 9 years but I have to be honest and say I think it is best suited to the younger age range. My 8 year old deemed it babyish and my 5 year old twins most loved using the cupcakes as part of their home cooking game! There is nothing like being versatile.
This game retails for £7.50 and I think that is a fair price.
I would happily buy this game for friends with children turning ages 3 and 4, it will be perfect fun with the family.
How do you fancy winning Where's my Cupcake?
- Mandatory - Leave a comment and let me know how to contact you if you are the lucky winner.
- Optional - Tweet 'I'm in to #win a great new @OrchardToys game with @MichelleTwinMum #giveaway' and leave me a comment to say you have done so.
- Optional - Check out the Orchard Toys Facebook page and click like to follow all their super news and leave me a comment to say you have done so.
- The winner will be chosen at random
- Open to UK and Ireland residents only
- Giveaway closes at 12 noon on Thursday 14th June 2012
- The winner will be contacted within 5 working days of the competition closing
- The winner needs to contact me within a week of my announcing the winner or I will draw again
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative
- The game will be sent direct from Orchard Toys.
Disclaimer: We received this game free of charge for the purposes of this review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.