Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Review: LOL Sparkling Fruit Juice Drink

A few weeks back I was sent three new chidren's drinks to try out and I am happy to report that they have been a big hit in our house.

LOL is available in three flavours - Razz Bri, B Current and O Ranj. I expect you can probably guess what they actually taste of!  My husband and I were not too keen on the names thinking they looked a bit too 'street' but my 8 year old son JJ tells me they are cool, so as you would expect Heinz know what they are doing when they are pitching at the older children's market.

For years I have been lucky and JJ has had no interest in fizzy drinks but now all of a sudden he likes fizzy orange and it is therefore a great thing that the LOL O Ranj has come on the market. As this drink, which is a mix of real fruit juice (both apple and orange from concentrate) and carbonated water is a massive hit with him in the taste department and with me also as it contains no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial colorings and no preservatives or caffeine.  Perfect!

Dh is in love with the Razz Bri flavour and he said that although this is marketed at kids he would happily buy that flavour as it was really tasty and appealed to him as an adult who likes to avoid caffeine and sweetners in drinks.

Ocado is the first to be selling the LOL drinks and they are on special at 79p each at the moment, the normal retail price will be 99p and whilst this is a bit more expensive than an average fizzy drink can, I think I would rather pay the difference for it to be a good treat. One that is actually providing one of my childs 5 portions of fruit a day.  More supermarktes will be stocking the product from July including a national supermarket chain so it should become easier to buy with time.

The cans are 250ml and slim in design so they look like a premium product and sit aside from all the normal fizzy drinks.

Our family would happily recommend these.


Disclaimer:  I received the drinks for the purposes of this review.  I have not been instructed what to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x