I have stayed at Butlins at least 20 times now, so I am no stranger to what they offer and one of the things I love about Butlins is that they are continually updating their accommodation, but I feel this last upgrade has been a real steep improvement.
Butlins offer standard, silver, gold and deluxe accommodation and for what we stayed in being the second to bottom grade I think it presents amazing value for money.
Have a look -
Things we loved -
- Modern furnishings
- Iron and ironing board in each chalet
- Newly refurbished bathroom with a great power shower
- Heated towel rail
- Comfortable beds and really decent duvets and pillows (and enough of them)
- Comfy leather sofas x 2
- Good heating in the chalet, which we could control and was included in the price
- Large dining table, big enough for 6 to comfortably eat at
- Hairdryer in the drawer in the bedroom
- Towels were provided
- The kitchen is really well equipped with cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils etc - all of a good quality too
- You get a welcome pack on arrival with tea/ coffee etc and also washing up cloth, tea towel
- Flat screen TV in the lounge
- Really well lit outside at night time
and a peek into the kitchen -
- The outside of the chalets still do look very 1970's and some need maintenance attention, our door was a little rickety
- A couple of the wardrobe doors do not close properly, they are built in and just need planing off so they fully shut
- At times the TV tuning was a bit out and we had a bit of fuzz, however I know from our experience whilst I was there that if I had reported it to reception someone would have been round quickly to sort it out for us.
I can happily say that we would most definitely stay in a silver bungalow again, as the standard you receive for the price you pay is very good.
I'm rating the Butlins Minehead Silver Bungalow accommodation as 9/10
Disclosure: I have a relationship with Butlins as I am one of their Mumbassadors, which means I will review their new hotel at Bognor Regis in May. However my family paid full price for this break and my review is honest and impartial. Butlins were kind enough to upgrade us from standard to silver accommodation.