If you fancy adding some wonderful ready-to-roll icing decorations to your cake then here are some ideas to spark your imagination.
1. Beautiful Bows. A great decorative idea for ready-to-roll icing is crafting ribbons and bows. These can be used for all kinds of cakes, no matter what the occasion. From a simple sash-style ribbon that fits snugly around your cake, to an intricate bow like in this amazing towel cake.
2. Shiny, Happy People. Because ready-to-roll icing holds its shape well, and comes in an assortment of colours, it’s perfect for making intricate models. Creating simple animals is straightforward enough but why not make tiny people to decorate a cake? You can use the icing to make everything from their clothes to their hair. This street party cake should give you an idea of what can be achieved. But the options are endless. It’s perfectly possible to create eye-catching scenes on top of your cake to tie in with any occasion.
3. Delicate Little Flower. Small flowers can be a beautiful decoration on a cake and ready-to-roll icing is a great medium to make your designs a reality. From intricate hand-sculpted roses topping off a cupcake to simple flowers like these daisies, it’s easy to create a floral flourish for any cake.
4. Frightening Fondant. With Halloween just around the corner make sure you use ready-to-roll icing to decorate your Halloween-themed cakes and biscuits. Thanks to a wide colour palette you can easily make jack o’lanterns and pumpkins to top a cake, or create some eerie ghosts and monster designs on top of biscuits and cookies.
5. Frills and Lace. If you’re baking a wedding cake then ready-to-roll icing is ideal for creating a beautiful lace applique to bring the cake to life. Simply press some icing into a pre-made applique mould and you’ll have a wonderful addition to your multi-tiered masterpiece.
What are you waiting for? Grab some icing and get crafting, let your imagination take you where it will and make your next cake amazing with some ready-to-roll icing decorations.