Miss M and I tried out the Lyclear spray - as this is designed to get rid of head lice in one go and to be honest I can't be bothered with too much fuss. I just want them gone!
- The odourless spray kills 100% of head lice and eggs in 15 minutes.
- You just need to hold the spray about 10cm from the dry hair and then cover all the hair and the scalp. Then a good massage from roots to tips paying particular attention to the neck and behind the ears and leave the product on for 15 minutes.
- Following the application, you rub normal shampoo directly into hair before wetting it and then rinse with warm water and wash again. I'll be honest I had to wash our hair 5 times to get it clear of this oily solution, not sure if I used too much?
- Once it is all washed out you comb the wet hair with the Lyclear anti-lice comb to remove any lice or eggs. (great that you get a comb provided)
- It is available in a 100ml spray bottle which provides up to 4 applications depending on hair length. Both Miss M and I have long hair and I think we will get 3 applications out of this spray bottle.
- The RRP is £11.99 from pharmacies and supermarkets.
- The product is suitable for adults and children from 6 months.
- I'd definitely use this again as it did not stain our clothes and was not messy to apply.
Miss E tried out the Lyclear shampoo - this is similar to other products I have used before and to be honest I did not realise it was a different formulation to the spray until after I had used it.
- Lyclear Shampoo is clinically proven to kill 100% of head lice
- You apply it by pouring onto the head and getting an even coverage and then massage in.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes then wash and rinse the hair thoroughly. I had to wash Miss E's hair just 3 times with this one to fully remove it and it left her hair beautiful and soft.
- As before you remove the dead head lice and eggs with the fine toothed comb provided, thoroughly cleaning the comb after each use.
- Here is the downside that I had not seen before using this one - it needs to be repeated after 7 days.
- Available in a 200ml bottle which provides up to 8 applications. Again I think perhaps I used too much as the bottle I have would not do 8 applications but Miss E does have very long hair.
- RRP is £14.99 from pharmacies and supermarkets.
- Suitable for adults and children over 2 years of age, however my little Miss E proved to be allergic to this formula and thus I would not use it on her again, just look at her face. It only contained mineral oil, perfume and foaming agents so it must have been the perfume or foaming agent used that her skin did not like. The other product did not contain either of those.
More information can be found at: www.lyclear.co.uk
Disclosure: I received these products free of charge for the purpose of this review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.