Thursday, 5 June 2014

Review - Karcher WV60 Window Vac

As part of my duties as a Karcher Ambassador I was sent the WV60 window vac to review. I have to say that window cleaning is probably my least favourite of jobs and thus it often gets left. The external panes to my windows (even the downstairs ones which I can reach) I'm ashamed to say have never been cleaned since I moved into my house last August.

I do the insides but for some reason it always seems too much effort to do the outside and as we live in the middle of no-where there are no window cleaners that I can engage to do it, so they just remain dirty!  High time to put this right I feel!

Luckily Karcher sent me through their WV60 window vac, which has an RRP of £79.99 but I saw it for sale as low as £58.00 from ASDA direct.  For this price you receive the window vac, charger, 2 different length blades, spray bottle with special cleaning pad attachment and a sachet of cleaning fluid. Fully charged the window vac lasts for about 20 minutes and Karcher estimate it cleans 45 windows.  I have to be honest I can't imagine that I could do that many in the time!

The product was very easy to set up as you can see in my video and my 10 year old son JJ and I got to work on a mirror and window to see how the Karcher window vac worked out for us.



I definitely found that I got better as I went along, practise makes perfect.  My tips would be to not scrimp on the amount of water you use to wash the window and to pull the vac down in one swift and not too slow movement. Our windows were definitely of an acceptable standard afterwards, not every one was streak free, as you can see in the image below but I just re-did the odd one that I seemed to streak!



What we liked -

  • Very lightweight, at just 0.7kg it does not cause any issues holding it and using it for a long period of time
  • Really easy to set up and the blades go on and come off easily
  • The spray bottle with cleaning pad head is very nifty and you can take the pad off and put it in the washing machine
  • No drips or mess whilst you clean the windows
  • As it charges you don't have to be close to a plug socket. I'm looking forward to using this on my car windows
  • Picks up spills and removes water from shower screens and windows with condensation.  This will be so useful in the winter as with older windows we get lots of water on the panes and window sills
  • The water that collects in the reservoir is very easy to empty into the sink
  • You can buy an extension kit so you can do your upstairs windows easily too
Points to consider -
  • It is an investment product, the price of course has to be considered
  • It is yet another charge to store.  I do wish all products had a universal charger
  • In my opinion it works far better on large glass areas than on little panelled windows like mine


Disclosure:  I was provided with the window vac free of charge for the purpose of this review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I'll respond real soon.